Текущее время: 28 мар 2024, 14:33

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа [ Летнее время ]

Panthers Olsen reinjures right foot, done for season 
Автор Сообщение

Сообщение Panthers Olsen reinjures right foot, done for season
TAMPA, Fla. If the Carolina Panthers are going to pull out of a frustrating tailspin, theyll have to do it without three-time Pro Bowl tight end Greg Olsen.Olsen re-injured his right foot during Sunday24-17 loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the latest blow to the 33-year-oldbid to return to form after having surgery to repair the same foot last season.I ruptured my plantar fascia. The plantar fascia on the bottom of my foot popped. Itjust something weve dealt with since Ive come back, said Olsen, who limped off the field early in the second quarter. Since Ive come back, Ive dealt with a variety of pain and whatever in my foot. Today, that plantar just finally had enough, Olsen added. It kind of just ruptured on me. That first play of the second quarter, I just came out of my stance and I just knew right away what happened. It popped pretty good on me.ItOlsenthird injury to same foot. He missed nine games last season with a broken foot and had surgery but returned to play.Then, he re-broke it this year, did not have surgery and came back quickly. Now, it appears his season is over.Itjust been obviously a very frustrating two seasons now, said Olsen, who had one catch for 13 yards against the Bucs Carolina Panthers Store.It was actually getting pretty good as far as the bone was concerned Wyatt Houston Jersey. I developed some soft-tissue stuff over the course of the last six or seven weeks and dealt with it, and tried to keep it at bay as best we could, the tight end added. Itjust kind of one of those things that itjust a matter of time. It just kind of had enough.Coach Ron Rivera called Olsoninjury tough but did not speculate about the outlook for the 12th-year pro.Well see, Rivera said. Again, well let the doctors determine that situation for us https://www.cpteamstore.com/Brenton_Bersin_Jersey-100.Olsen didnt want to look ahead, either.Ittough. I think weve gotten about as much as we couldve ever asked out of this foot in its current state Kenny Robinson Jersey, Olsen said. To go 10 years and not really have anything and then one little injury now will stall me for a good part of two seasons is frustrating. I can still play at a high level. It just hasnt been in the plans right now.Sundayloss was Carolinafourth straight following a 6-2 start.Olsen, who has 27 receptions for 291 yards and four touchdowns, said he doesnt know whatholding the team back.Im probably not the guy to ask right now, said Olsen Brenton Bersin Jersey, who missed three games earlier this season because of his foot https://www.cpteamstore.com/Dj_Moore_Jersey-8.Rivera said thereonly one way to get back on track win.At the end of the day, you give yourself a chance and fight to the very end. You can look at it, the last few games we have played have come down to the last opportunities we had had, whether it be on offense or defense, Rivera said.You just have to make a play. That is unfortunately something we havent been able to do right now, the coach added. We have not been able to make a play when it matters.The Panthers havent won since beating Tampa Bay 42-28 on Nov. 4.Cam Newton conceded that after winning six of eight to begin the season, he never would have imagined the Panthers sitting at .500 a month later.But, hey, we put ourselves in this situation, Newton said, and we have to get ourselves out.

29 июл 2020, 10:31

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа [ Летнее время ]